10.23.2013

Gimme more of Baltimore

There's nothing like a new adventure during a season that has a tendency to scream of monotony and exhaustion. The daily rhythm of hotels, driving, traffic, school visits, fairs, interviews... it can get tiring. However, I have been in the DC area for about 5 days now and it's nothing short of amazing. 

Pause while I eat this (at Miss Shirley's in Baltimore): 


Whuf, that was delicious. I couldn't eat the whole thing. 

Now I'm in a coffee shop next door, trying to catch up on emails, interview notes, social media for the office. But really I'm just exhausted. So I'll take a little break to update you on my travels out East. Starting with my current location in Baltimore, where I've been since late last night and from where I'll depart late tonight. Here are the two schools I visited this morning:


Friends School is awesome. It is gorgeous - this is their upper school, but the whole campus has a pretty layout and is situated off a tree-lined city road. The people I met were lovely (and gave me coffee, bonus), so it was great to visit even without seeing students. And they even have their own community garden!

8:15 this morning: visited Bryn Mawr School, affiliated with THAT Bryn Mawr in PA. It's the oldest private girls school in the country. The history nerd in me was drooling and the admissions officer facade tried to keep it together. The campus was very collegiate, and though I met with one of the counselors and not any students, again - a great place to see. The photos aren't great but here are a few:


HISTORY! I'm in the middle of it out here. It's too much to handle.

Alright, enough fun and games. Work to do.







No comments:

Post a Comment