3.16.2010

firenze, vol. I (January 08)



Just another January day before class. On the professor's terrace with take-out sandwiches from the cafe down the street, a few of us relaxed in the sunlight we craved in the company of Florence's centerpiece, the Duomo. After days of soaked-through shoes, drenched umbrellas, and unfortunate humidity-ridden hair (ugh), the last week and a half finally brought relief to our little band of art historians.

I appreciate the sun a billion times more when I haven't seen it for awhile. Now that it's light until 7:30PM (!!!!!!!), I feel... bouncier. Or something. When rays of sun creep around buildings and smack you in the face, you can't help but to be re-energized.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful picture. got me all nostalgic for our little band of art historians! (and mac&jackie, of course!) come back to NYC for a visit!

    ReplyDelete