2.09.2010

travel season (late August 09)


We met this guy while on a week-long work roadtrip to all corners of Wisconsin and back. On a pleasant late summer day in August, why wouldn't you bust out the black jeans, slap on some shades, mount the unicycle and let the wind whip through your (chest)hair?

Sights like this epitomize my work travel season in the fall: I just never know what local flavor I'll meet on the road. For this trip, I traveled with my coworker/friend/caretaker Miriam who had the wheel at this point. Right off the highway, outside of Wisconsin Rapids, exiting the local gas station... where was he going? From where did he come? Did he see me with the lens pressed to the window like a creep as Miriam eased down on the brake? What is his story?

People are so strange and funny and fascinating. I can't get enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment